For the body I used a 4 piece Maple, and a 2 piece Alder top layer.
The top layer was needed, because I left a lower routed out space for the cracked mirror pickguard which I first intended to use if I wanted to use this body to make the Ibanez PS1.
The binding was already routed and glued to the body, so I used a 2 piece Alder wood to route a layer to fit in between the binding on the body.
The same at the back of the body, I already routed the hole for the pickup switch in the body.
For this, I used the same liquid wood that I used on the Ibanez jem7paw guitar.
In this, I used a 4 layer of liquid wood, just to be sure that there would be no “air” in that whole.
So that once I had painted to body, this spot would crack down.
Once those 4 layers where dry, I took a piece of sandpaper to clear out everything.
Another part of the body that needed my attention was the neck join access spot.
Before I found the Original Ibanez IC300 neck, I re-shaped an Original Ibanez RBM10th neck into a Ibanez Iceman neck.
The screw hole where are a different spot from one another on the body.
So I also needed at the back of the guitar, to fill out the back end screw holes.
And re-drill some new hole for the Original Ibanez IC300 neck.
I did the same for this, like I did on the switch hole.
I used some liquid wood and sandpaper to fill and clean the whole body.
Once this was done, it was ready for a paint job.
This was done by “Meubelspuiterij Schalkwijk” in Haarlem, the Netherlands.
Those people always deliver a great paint job.